Admission for B.A. and M.A. Courses in Buddhist Studies and Tibetan/Bhoti Literature
- 1 st Year of B.A. in Buddhist Studies (Bhot) Baudh Darshan) and Bhoti/Tibetan language and literature.
- 1 st Year M.A. in Buddhist Studies (Bhot) Baudh Darshan) and Bhoti/Tibetan language and literature.
Eligibility conditions for the courses:
- Candidates who have passed 12 th standard/ Uttar Madhyama from a recognized institution with Tibetan/Bhoti language or without Tibetan/ Bhoti language as a subject, but possesses knowledge of Tibetan / Bhoti language equivalent to standard 12 th / Uttar Madhyama will be eligible to appear in B.A. 1 st year.
- Candidate who have passed B.A./ Shastri standard from a recognized institution with Tibetan/ Bhoti language or without Tibetan / Bhoti language as a subject, but possesses knowledge of Tibetan / Bhoti language equivalent to standard B.A. / Shastri will be eligible to appear in B.A. 1 st year.
- Student seeking admission at Songtsen Library may apply on plain paper or through email: email@example.com
Students called for counseling will have to bring the documents mentioned below:
- Attested photo copies of mark sheet
- Character certificate (from the institution last attended)
- Fitness certificate
- During the counseling the student will be given a prescribed form, which he/she will fill up and along with demand draft of Rs. 50-/ in favor of Director, Songtsen Library.
- Admission will be granted to successful candidates based on marks obtained in the counseling and availability of seats.
- For the purpose of admission, sanghas and laity are treated equal and admission is based solely upon merit as reflected in the counseling candidate.
- Admission of girl students will be subject to availability of accommodation.
- The admission of students admitted will be considered provisional, and will be confirmed only upon submission of their original school leaving certificates/transfer certificate, fitness certificate. Character certificate from the institution last attended, mark sheets etc. within 15 days from the release of the list of the candidates offered admission.
- The reservation of seats for SC/ST candidates is as per UGC norms.
- Incomplete application forms shall not be entertained and application fee etc. will not be refunded.
Note: The institute does not charge any tuition or accommodation charges from students except a nominal sum of mess charges rupees 30,000/- per year.